Effective January 1, 2023, California Retail Food Code (CRFC) was amended to promote economic inclusion while modernizing the CRFC so that food vendors can obtain a permit and join the regulated vending economy. The law established a new definition Read on...
The State updates the California Code of Regulations on a triannual cycle. The current edition is the 2019 California Code of Regulations. The new 2022 California Building Standards Code will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2023. All construction projects... Read on...
The Avenal Rotary Club in conjunction with the Central California Food Bank have designated the upcoming Avenal Community Recreation Center as the new monthly food distribution site. Our next distribution is on Tuesday, September 12th at 10am through the Read on...
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City Council of the City of Avenal is soliciting names of two (2) interested individuals willing to serve on the Planning Commission Committee. The Planning Commission – scheduled meetings are the first Monday of each month Read on...
There are no published events in current month.
Emergency Drought Measures in Effect for Avenal Residents
The Avenal City Council has declared a Local Emergency due to water shortage and drought conditions. Learn about ways you can conserve water and avoid fines. Read More
The Pistachio Capital of the World
"To be a caring community, promoting an oasis of opportunities for all to prosper. We do this through diligent stewardship, community, partnership, service and growth."
- Stewardship: We manage resources and work to assure a self-sufficient and sustainable community.
- Community: We provide a safe & healthy environment in which to thrive.
- Partnership: We encourage communication, inclusion and civic pride.
- Service: We serve the customer with exceptional quality and care.
- Growth: We promote economic vitality and strategically position Avenal for the future.