(KCAPTA) will hold a public hearing to seek comments from the public regarding the proposed transit service change that will impact the Cities of Avenal, Stratford, and Kettleman City. The transit system operated as (KART) proposes changes.... Read on...
Mental Health First Aid is an 8 hour certification course to educate participants and help them identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental health illness or crisis, until professional help is received or the crisis resolves. Read on...
Avenal Friday Night Marketplace, Second Friday of July, August, September, and October. All vendors welcome! 7-10pm each night. Mercado de Viernes por la Noche, segundo viernes de cada mes hasta Octubre, todos invitados. 7-10pm cada noche. Read on...
Due to improved water conditions in 2017, the Avenal City Council amended the City's Water Conservation Measures on April 13, 2017. The City requests continued assistance utilizing Phase II water conservation measures by all users until further notice. Read on...
Thu Sep. 26
Mon Oct. 7
Thu Oct. 10
Fri Oct. 11
Mon Oct. 14
Thu Oct. 24
Emergency Drought Measures in Effect for Avenal Residents
The Avenal City Council has declared a Local Emergency due to water shortage and drought conditions. Learn about ways you can conserve water and avoid fines. Read More
The Pistachio Capital of the World
"To be a caring community, promoting an oasis of opportunities for all to prosper. We do this through diligent stewardship, community, partnership, service and growth."
- Stewardship: We manage resources and work to assure a self-sufficient and sustainable community.
- Community: We provide a safe & healthy environment in which to thrive.
- Partnership: We encourage communication, inclusion and civic pride.
- Service: We serve the customer with exceptional quality and care.
- Growth: We promote economic vitality and strategically position Avenal for the future.